Fräulein 38 makeup brushes review

   Apologies yet again for the lack of blog posts. I am the worst blogger ever. I try and stick to a schedule of uploading every Monday but sometimes life gets in the way.

I bought the Fräulein 38 24 piece starter brushes set about 2 years ago. I don't even remember what I used before then but it was probably just a mixture of random brushes collected over the years. However, I ended up buying these as I was about to participate in an amateur production of 'Little Shop of Horrors' and knew that, judging on our past show where I ended up doing the majority of the male casts makeup, I would probably need more/new brushes. After searching about for a cheap brush set I came across these. I believe I bought them from Amazon or a similar retailer as I don't remember the brand having their own website at the time.
Picture taken from the Fräulein 38 website as I am silly and decided to wash my brushes therefore they look all soggy and not very attractive just now.


At first I was very pleased with these brushes: I felt all professional with my little faux leather brush roll and there was a good selection of brushes. In this set you get:
                                                             
Large angled contour brush, Large powder brush, Blush brush, Foundation brush Face brush Fantail brush Large fantail brush Large shader brush,Shader brush,Eye shader brush,Small shader brush,Mini shader brush,Medium angled shading brush,Small angle brush,Square face brush,Concealer brush,Lip brush,Lip liner brush,Eyeliner brush,Sponge eyeshadow applicator,Brow comb+brush, Mascara brush.Angled brow brush,Flat definer brush

The brushes look lovely. I don't think they look cheap and they feel very nice. The 'large fantail brush' is a nice addition as this could be used for applying body makeup. However, I have found that the bigger brushes such as the face brushes tend to shed quite a lot. These are made from a different type of bristle so I believe that could be the problem. They have also become a little scratchier through time. I threw the 'sponge eyeshadow applicator' out after one use as they scare me a little on the hygiene front.I am really pleased with all the eyeshadow brushes. After two years of almost daily use, these don't seem to have lost any hairs and they have kept their shape well.Overall, I would say that for the money they are worth it. If you're looking for a starter set then go for it!
Love, Fi xx


  



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gluten Free Review: Bodach's kitchen

Bath and Body Works-Mahogany Teakwood