Review: Mini City Bag with Zip Details

A month ago I decided to downsize. Not from a huge house to a little one. From a huge bag to a little one. After using my huge but much loved Zara City Office Bag for a year (see previous blog post) I decided to retire it and get a smaller version. I did this for a couple of reasons: 1.I graduated from uni last Summer and therefore probably shouldn't be carrying as much as before (e.g. I don't need to carry my laptop every day anymore) and 2. I have a back injury and the bag wasn't really helping that too much because it allowed me to stuff so much into it.


I chose this blue colour (or 'Jeans' as it's described on Zara's website) although it also comes in a lovely baby pink colour which I would have got but I always wear a baby pink River Island jacket just now so I was worried I would look like a marshmallow and it would probably get it dirty really easily.

It is much smaller than the City Office Bag (I would say about a third of the size) but this is good for me as it means I am forced to take less with me on a daily basis. The only annoying thing is that it doesn't fit A4 paper so if I am going to a meeting where I need to take important documents that I cannot bend, I have to carry them about or bring another bag. I had to get a new purse and sunglasses case as they would have filled the whole bag but this again encourages me to not hoard receipts in my purse anymore. I also have to be a lot more organised and tend to clear out my bag every day which is a good thing in my book, and I keep everything that would normally float about my bag in different little make up sized bags according to type of item. It has also helped my back enormously. I am still shocked by how light it is! 

Like the City Office Bag this is not short of pockets. As you can see there is a small pocket in the front (this does not hold a lot but is the perfect place for a couple of pens). There is also two zipped side pockets and in the centre there are a couple of wee slots where I can keep my railcard and oyster card, and business cards. 

The bag is £39.99 which I think is a fair price for a good quality bag with lots of pockets. I think Zara make amazing handbags and judging on how long my Office City Bag lasted this one will be with me for a long time too!

Love,

Fi 
xx



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gluten Free Review: Bodach's kitchen

Fräulein 38 makeup brushes review

Bath and Body Works-Mahogany Teakwood