Gluten Free Review: Bodach's kitchen




I've said this before but it's been a while. Lots has happened since my last post which I'll maybe do a wee update post about, but today I'm here to talk about where I went for lunch today. Living in Corona times the most exciting thing you can possibly do is go for a walk and get a takeaway lunch, and today was an exciting day. After a short walk around Kelvingrove park and down Byres Road we stopped at unassuming little hole in the wall with a long queue outside which is always a good sign. The queue went down quickly and there was some cute dogs in front of us (bonus!).

The staff were absolutely lovely. When asking about gluten free options they offered to make me a sandwich from scratch but I instead went for the soup and some bread and butter (not toasted so looks like they always have some fresh bread ready to go). I also got a hot apple cider (not as sweet as I expected it to be but still delicious) and the last slice of gf millionaires shortbread! 
My sister got a hot chocolate with marshmallows and cream that came with a little spoon. I wish everywhere would do this-I always want one to help with scooping marshmallows!


 I opted for a bowl of soup which was plenty and was a good price too. I didn't ask what the soup was, I was just excited that I could eat it...but it seemed to be roasted tomato with chickpeas and butterbeans and was really really good, just what was needed on a cold February afternoon. 



The cake was delicious, I would go back for that alone. They said that they always had gluten free options available. I will definitely go back, the staff were lovely and knowledgeable, the food was great and the price was amazing-my boyfriend had a cup of the soup with (non gf) croutons for £2 and the total for the 3 of us was around £15!

Love, 

Fi

xx



Comments

  1. Thank you very much for including us in your blog 😀 We are so happy to see/hear good reviews from happy customers, maybe next time you might want to try our homemade gf Steak Square Sausage, we also have gf Stornoway Black Pudding 😛 hope to see you again soon.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Fräulein 38 makeup brushes review

Bath and Body Works-Mahogany Teakwood