Films I have been loving recently

I watch a lot of films. There was a time when I didn't watch that many films (I sometimes get bored easily when sitting still watching a screen for 2 or more hours) but since the discovery of the Cineworld Unlimited card I go at least once a week. (If you have a cineworld near you I highly recommend it...if you go twice a month it's worth it.) Today I saw Hangover 3 with my sister and thought I'd give you a wee Fiona-style review on some films I have seen recently.

1. 21 And OverI liked this film. It follows a group of three friends as they celebrate a 21st Birthday. It was done in a sort of 'Hangover' style but with a moral message hidden underneath. It was funny but thinking back now, it wasn't very memorable. One of those films where you kind of forget that you ever watched it. However, one redeeming feature was Skylar Astin ('Pitch Perfect', 'Wreck it Ralph') Mmm...mmm...mmm.

2. The Big WeddingOn the way out of 21 and Over, my boyfriend and I spotted a huge queue waiting to go in to a screen. We went down to the foyer to see if there was a special event going on and found that it was an Unlimited Screening of 'The Big Wedding'. (Another plus point of Unlimited Cards-you get to see films before everyone else!) so we went and got our tickets and headed back up. This film was so funny and made '21 and Over' look not so good in comparison. It stars a huge cast of well-known faces-Robert De Niro, Katherine Heigl, Diane Keaton, Amanda Seyfried, Susan Sarandon, Robin Williams...It was hilarious (I don't normally laugh out loud at the cinema, but I was hysterical) and heartwarming and a film where you can just relax and not have to think too much. 

3. The Great GatsbyTaking a break from our usual Cineworld trips, my boyfriend and I joined my family on a visit to the Grosvenor. If you are from the Glasgow area or are visiting, go check it out. It is the quaintest cinema you will ever see, with only a couple of small screens, making it an intimate experience. You can even book a sofa to make your viewing experience even cosier. I didn't know what to expect from 'The Great Gatsby having never read the book, but it may be one of my favourite films of all time. It is simply beautiful. Carey Mulligan is stunning and Leonardo DiCaprio provides some eye candy too. The soundtrack is amazing, featuring songs by Lana Del Ray and Fergie. (I haven't been able to stop listening to it since!) At first I wasn't sure if this was going to work due to the time period in which the film is set but it adds to it and I think it makes it more relevant to today's audience. Rather than putting an authentic 1920s song to the party scenes by adding a song from our era it puts into perspective how wild Jay Gatsby's parties were. 




4. The Hangover Part 3
The last film in 'The Hangover' trilogy certainly didn't disappoint, I loved the previous two films and this just finished it off nicely. It gave me a good giggle as always (Alan is by far my favourite character!) and had a nice nostalgic ending looking back over all the films. It also made me excited for my forthcoming trip to Las Vegas (although hopefully my trip will be less eventful than the Wolfpack's...).

Love, 
      
            Fiona  

Comments

  1. I love 21 & Over, seen it twice in two days haha :) x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Gluten Free Review: Bodach's kitchen

Fräulein 38 makeup brushes review

Bath and Body Works-Mahogany Teakwood