Crazy cheap makeup!

The other day one of my best friends (Hi Emma :p) was telling me that she had been in Boots recently and had discovered a section up the back of the store with heavily discounted make-up. We were in Glasgow the other day and decided to investigate. We went to the St. Enoch store and in between all the Christmas gifts that are now on sale was a few tubs filled to the brim with all sorts of makeup and nail polish with price labels ranging from 50p to £3. I was surprised to find that it all looked in good condition. I know when makeup has been that discounted in the past it has also been out of date or really weird shades (like Sally Hansen nail polish in Poundland...) but some of this was really really good.

Here is what I picked up:




17 Even Tone Corrector Stick-50p
When I tell people I put green concealer on my face sometimes, they think I am crazy. However, when blended over spots or any redness this balances everything out. I normally buy the Natural Collection version but whenever I have gone to repurchase it recently it has been sold out, so I am so happy I got this!


17 Photo Flawless skin primer-£1.00
My friend had tried this and her skin looked great so I thought I may as well try it. I haven't used a primer in a while but this one claims to prolong foundation wear and minimise pores and if it actually does both of those things that would be lovely for only a £1! 


17 Photo Flawless Lashes in Blue Black-£1.00
Again my friend was wearing this and it looked so amazing! I am a huge fan of 17 mascaras just now (see previous blog post...) and currently favour that mascara over the highly raved about Covergirl Clump Crusher, so thought it wouldn't do any harm to try this one. It has a slight hint of blue in it to make your eye colour pop (I think they do other shades to match other eye colours) and in a certain light you could see the blue on my friend's lashes and I liked that look.




17 Lasting Fix Lipstick in Marshmallow Whip-£4.29 £1.00
Firstly I liked the name of this lipstick. I've been looking for a MLBB (My Lips But Better) shade for a while and think this might be it. 




No7 Number Three Glamour lipstick by Poppy King £10.95 £2.00
Firstly I have just discovered the original price of this. This was quite a bargain. I really liked the packaging of this. Also, since my skin has finally started to clear up (I swear at the age of 23, acne should have been long behind me!) I have decided to start experimenting with bright lipsticks now that I would look like a giant pink/red blob. Yipee!

A couple of things that weren't reduced but I thought I'd show you anyway...


Maybelline Baby Lips in Cherry Me-£2.99
I bought one of these on holiday in the summer just before they came out here. I really liked it but I didn't like the colour of the one I got (I think it was pink punch?). My friend also recommended this and it looks like a much more subtle shade.


Blistex MedPlus Repairing lip balm-£2.30
My lips get really really dry especially in the winter and wearing a lot of lipstick has not really helped the matter. This was yet another recommendation from my friend. I have tried a lot of lip repair thingamabobs so let's see how this one goes. If it is super life changing then expect a blog post on it soon.

Love,

Fi 
xx













Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gluten Free Review: Bodach's kitchen

Fräulein 38 makeup brushes review

Bath and Body Works-Mahogany Teakwood