Mini Supermarket Beauty Haul and First Impressions


The other day I was doing some food shopping and saw a couple of products I thought I would try out. Having just finished university, I have been trying to cut back on my spending and thought that buying cheaper beauty products would be a way to start!

The first product I found was from Tesco. It is Pro Formula Radiance BB Cream in Light. This is developed specifically for Tesco (which I think basically means that it is an own brand product) and was around £5. I have combination skin and therefore bought the normal/combination formula.  It has SPF 15 in it which will be great for when the sun decides to come back to us, or for when I go on holiday. It has Green Tea and Vitamin E Complex which sounds healthy and is hypoallergenic and they don't test on animals. Yay Tesco! 
Before this, I was using the green L'Oreal CC Cream. To be honest, I didn't really like that product and haven't yet finished it. I did ask the girl at the counter if it was just one shade and she was less than helpful and just said it's green and then once applied it goes to a skin-tone sort of colour. Which I already knew. It turns out that that skin-tone sort of colour is far too dark for my skin and results in my face looking like an oompa loompa compared to the rest of my body. 
After wearing this BB Cream for a few days, I have found it to be much better (and much cheaper). It is nice and moisturising, smells fresh and is the right shade! The only thing I would say is that I would prefer it to have a little bit more pigmentation, but I don't mind that too much as I can just go back and cover my blemishes with concealer. Well done Tesco!



  The next product I found at Aldi of all places. A few years ago, I had heard a lot of talk about the Lacura Beauty products being stocked at Aldi and had never been able to find them myself. I picked up the Perfecting Primer for about £4. The packaging looks very similar to the L'Oreal Studio Secrets Smoothing Resurfacing Primer. I tried the L'Oreal Primer when it first came out and loved it, but at £15, it was not really something I was willing to repurchase every month or so. The Lacura Primer says that it has "Soft Focus Pigments and Argan-Oil" and "helps to smooth the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles". Having used this product for a few days I can safely say I love it so far! It is amazing and I would even go as far as to say I preferred it to the L'Oreal one. It makes my skin look better as soon as I put it on. The "soft-focus pigments" really seem to be doing there job as it softens the appearance of my blemishes and pores. It makes applying my makeup so easy and smooth and helps it last longer too. I will be repurchasing this product.




Love,

           Fiona xx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gluten Free Review: Bodach's kitchen

Fräulein 38 makeup brushes review

Bath and Body Works-Mahogany Teakwood