A Glasgow Girl in London:Part 1-Megabus.

So yesterday me and my boyfriend set off on a 9 hour Megabus journey to London at 6 am. The bus was better than I thought (the last time I travelled by the Megabus to London it was overnight and was not very fun. It was noisy and a little smelly and I couldn't sleep.) and was made even better by the fact that my boyfriend had brought his Frasier box set and so I passed the majority of the time watching that on his laptop and sleeping. By the time we arrived at Victoria Coach Station we went and got our Oyster cards updated. (I will never get over the thrill of beeping through and get amazingly good value travel, I think they should introduce it to Glasgow.) We made our way to our hotel which is very basic but will do and was very very cheap, had a very welcome shower and got changed for a nice meal. We ate at TGI Fridays...now I know there is one in Glasgow and we were planning on being adventurous but by this time I was exhausted and wanted a nice familiar meal. I ordered my usual-Jack Daniels Chicken Strips with a side of fries but this time I got a frozen strawberry Daquiri too. It was DELICIOUS!
 This morning we woke up bright and early-well 8.30 is early...right? And headed down to get some breakfast. We were sorely disappointed as we had been promised a cooked breakfast, only to discover that the options were toast or cereal. Boo!
However, our day is now looking up as we have just purchased nicely discounted tickets for 'A Chorus Line' at the big ticket booth in Leicester Square and I am currently writing this sitting in a cupcake shop. I visit this cupcake shop every time I am in London. I recommend you try it if you ever come here-www.candycakes.com. It is so cute and most of the cakes have edible glitter-my favourite. I had lemon Zest and my boyfriend had a caramel one-he said it was the cupcake to beat all cupcakes. Also they just played the Spanish Version of Listen by Beyonce. Amazing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gluten Free Review: Bodach's kitchen

Fräulein 38 makeup brushes review

Bath and Body Works-Mahogany Teakwood