What's in my handbag makeup bag and why?

I love reading these types of blog posts because it means I can be nosy and see what makeup other people carry about with them on a daily basis and get some ideas from them. So here is what I have in the makeup bag in my handbag and some reasons for each product:



Firstly, my makeup bag is from Emma Bridgewater. It was a present from my parents one Christmas and I cannot see similar ones on the website just now but you can buy Emma Bridgewater in many shops so you may be able to find one somewhere. It has really cute bright purple lining which makes it even better!

1. Collection Extreme 24 Hour Felt Tip Liner in Teal-I got this free when buying other Collection products at Boots. I really like it and it is a nice wee change from my usual black and adds a nice pop of colour. Sometimes I do a very thin line of black and add a touch of teal above it. It is very waterproof though so it takes quite a lot of effort to remove it. 

2. Bourjois Liner Feutre in Black-I mostly always wear black gel eyeliner with a little flick but if I am out all day it tends to wear off. So I keep this in my bag so I can easily touch it up throughout the day, I like this eyeliner but find if I am wearing a lot of eyeshadow it stops working for a while but if I leave it for a while more product comes through the pen and it starts to work again.

3. Bourjois Levres Contour in Rouge Soyeux 20-I always use this lip liner when wearing a red lip to stop it bleeding and define the edge. It works well and when I need to wear 1920s style makeup (I'm a performer and need to do this quite a lot) it works really well when exaggerating the cupid's bow (a common feature in this era of makeup).

4. Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer in Fair 1-I know everyone says this but this is the best concealer I have ever used. I would even go as far as to say it is better than a lot of high end concealers I have tried and this one only costs about £4.00 and lasts for ages. I often suffer with quite bad skin and this covers A LOT. I am also very pale and often find that the palest shade in some ranges is to dark but this is just perfect. 

5. No.7 Sheer Temptation in 05 Attract-A lovely sheer nude that I can just throw on when I feel like wearing something on my lips but can't wear something too noticeable  It is perfect for work.

6. Benefit Posie Tint-This was a free gift on a magazine. (Am I the only person that sometimes just buys magazines for the free gifts...?) It is the perfect size to carry about and has lasted for ages. It is perfect for when I need some extra colour on my cheeks and is a lovely colour. I did wear benetint for quite a while but find this to be a lot better for my skintone on a daily basis.

7. Laura Mercier Shimmer Lip Colour in Coral-This is a lovely sheer colour but it has a little more pigmentation and shimmer than the No.7 lipstick. I love wearing this is summer.

8. Blistex Daily Lip Conditioner-This isn't the most glamourous of products but it is good when I have really dry lips and smells nice and minty.

9. Rimmel Apocalips Lip Lacquer in Bag Bang-This was in my 'Things I bought in whilst in London' post and since then it has made it's way into my makeup bag. It is a gorgeous colour (it has a blue undertone which makes my teeth look nice and white! Yay!), has a lovely applicator and is high-shine. Perfect. Just make sure you wipe a lot of the product off in the tube before applying or else it can get a little messy!

10. Nivea Lip Butter in Raspberry Rose-This smells amazing and is lovely moisturising. There is not really a lot more to say about this product other than that I love it!

11. Rimmel Colour Show Off Lipstick in Stare At Me-This is my favourite berry colour. I wear this constantly in winter but it is also good for nights out.

12. Gosh Soft 'n' Shine Lip Balm in 36 Mocha-I have nearly run out of this product but I really like it. It is sheer and keeps my lips so soft! It also smells delicious. 

13. MAC Lustre Lipstick in Lady Bug-Surprisingly when I bought this, the lady at the MAC counter was less than helpful and I ended up wishing I had bought Ruby Woo instead. However, I still really like this lipstick, it lasts really well and is the perfect base for the Apocalips Lip Lacquer.


Here's some swatches of some of the above products:



Love,

          Fiona xx



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gluten Free Review: Bodach's kitchen

Fräulein 38 makeup brushes review

Bath and Body Works-Mahogany Teakwood