Review: Nardini's Glasgow

The other day one of my Best Friend's turned 23. She is one of my oldest friends and I know she reads my blog so hiya Emma! Anyway, the point of this story is that she decided that what she wanted to do for her birthday day is have ice cream for lunch. Mmm mmm mmm. (This Emma is also my main walking buddy-the other feet featured in my picture in the post "Sun!!!"-therefore I think it is ok that we treat ourselves and eat a lot of sugar for a main meal as we have been doing a lot of exercise recently.) So, both of us and two of her friends from uni, went to visit a lovely little Ice Cream place called Nardini's in Glasgow's West End. It is situated in Byres Road, just opposite Hillhead Subway Station.

We decided to be slightly good and the two of us shared a chicken and mediterranean vegetable toastie before the main event of ice cream. It was rather yummy indeed. I treated myself to a "Meringue Glace" Sundae. It had lots of meringue and sponge and vanilla ice cream and squishy cream and wafers and was basically the opposite of healthy, but goodness. It was delicious.

Meringue Glace Sundae. Yummy in my tummy.
It was bigger than my head so I didn't manage to finish it but it was a lovely treat. The glace cherry on top was most definitely my favourite part. I love those things!!!

There is a Nardini's in Largs, which is the original Nardini's. I remember taking a wee trip down there many a time just to get their lovely ice cream. I am still a little sad that a wee ice cream shop called Three Steps to Heaven has gone since Nardini's came along. They served Cold Stone Creations. If anyone has ever had one of these you will know why I am so upset. But Nardini's will keep my ice cream addiction satisfied whenever I am in the West End. 

Happy Birthday Emma!

Love,

          Fiona xx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gluten Free Review: Bodach's kitchen

Fräulein 38 makeup brushes review

Bath and Body Works-Mahogany Teakwood